Adding footer to outgoing messages with postfix
  • From: David <greips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:38:03 +0100
Hi all!

Recently in my office I've been "suggested" to automatically add a
footer to all outgoing emails, as General Management has accorded.

As Postfix doesn't have this feature I've been "googling" a little
bit and I've found AlterMime to add the disclaimer. I've installed it
and everything works fine but with a little not wanted feature: it
adds the disclaimer to *every* mail postfix treats, it doesn't matter
if it's outgoing or incoming mails. I've seen in AlterMime
documentation that it could be easily solved with a new network device
but I need another solution as installing a new network card is simply
not possible.

So, my 2 questions for you all are:
-) has anybody succeed in marking all outgoing messages but not
incoming, with only one network card? How have you done it? ;-)
-) does anybody know another way to add footers in outgoing messages?

Thanks in advance :-)

David

< Previous Next >