RE: [SLE] Sorry, relaying denied from your location
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:00:07 -0900
On Friday, December 23, 2005 @ 2:22 PM, Paul Abrahams wrote:

>On one of my machines (not on the network I'm sending this from) I get the
>message "Sorry, relaying denied from your location" whenever I attempt to
>send email to an address not in the same domain as the sender. Other
>machines on the same network (running Windows) have no such problem, so I
>would guess the cause lies in my own machine. Where should I look to
>correct
>the problem?

>Paul

I had that problem with an ISP at one time also. It's not the address
you're trying to send "to", but the one you're trying to send through. I.
e., you're trying to use an SMTP server of an ISP that is different from the
one you are actually connected to. Some allow this, some don't. I guess
the other people who aren't having problems are using the smtp server for
the ISP that you guys are connecting to. Seems like you should just change
your SMTP setting, unless there is some particular reason you want the mail
to show up at the destination as having come from that other ISP's site with
the user name you have at that site. The only way I was able to accomplish
that was to log into the mail system at the other site via the web browser
and do the send mail directly from there.

Greg Wallace