Re: [SLE] HP PSC-1315
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:40:46 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Dec 24 16:42 Mike McMullin wrote (shortened):
> My brother picked up the above mentioned all in one unit. Configuring
> it as a printer went without a hitch and works fine. Setting it in YaST
> as a scanner seems to have worked it's identified in the top pane twice.
>
> rpm -q sane returns sane 1.0.15-20.2
> lsusb returns Bus 003 Device 002: ID 03f0:3f11 Hewlett-Packard
> PSC-1315/PSC-1317
>
> xsane tells me that sane is not installed which is contradicted by the
> above rpm query.
>
> Kooka starts up and I get a "Select Scan Device" window with
> "1 hpaio:/usb/psc_1310_series: serial=cn535c31fbv6 hp psc_1310_series"
> The program interface itself loads and I get a window that tells me that
> no scanner was found.
>
> The "HP Device Manager (Toolbox)" doesn't list it at all. His system
> in new enough to have USB 2.0 on the motherboard.

Looks like USB communication fails in most cases.
To get the last 50 USB (error)-messages in /var/log/messages
and from dmesg use commands like
egrep -i 'usb|hci' /var/log/messages | tail -n 50
dmesg | egrep -i 'usb|hci' | tail -n 50

Regarding "Trouble-Shooting (Debugging)" in SANE see
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/10/jsmeix_scanner-setup-92.html

Regarding HP all-in-one devices since Suse Linux 9.3 see
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/03/jsmeix_scanner-setup-93.html
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/02/jsmeix_print-einrichten-93.html

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner