Re: [opensuse] KDE translucency enablement
  • From: Dimych <dimych@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:08:55 -0800 (PST)
--- Cameron Seader <cseader@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <Pine.LNX.4.64.0512012011120.16340@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> cthiel@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Cameron Seader wrote:
> >
> >> How do you enable the translucency, I have gone
> >> [snip]
[snip]
> into the Control Center
> > Anyway, add
> >
> > Section "Extensions"
> > Option "Composite" "Enable"
> > EndSection
>
> Yeah, this does not work at all, I wonder if Nvidia
> has a specific setting for this?

[snip]
Actually it does... NVidia driver disables "glx" by
default when you enable composite. To enable it add
Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true".
to the nvidia device config in xorg.conf (beware that
this is very unstable - I've experienced so many
problems in high resolution/high color modes, that
I've decided not to use translucency - but I have to
admit it looks really cool :) )

Good luck
Dmitry