ipod nano
  • From: Regis Matejcik <rm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 17:49:14 +0000 (UTC)
I use a Samsung ypt7z mp3 player and it works great on SuSe - out of the
box no tweeking - but you know how kids are...

I need to try to get SuSe 9.2 to work with an ipod nano.

I downloaded gtkpod, and the appropriate libraries, compiled and
installed it. gtkpod seems work, but I can't get it to connect to the
ipod nano. It seems that the problem is that gtkpod looks for the ipod
in /mnt/ipod and when I plug in the ipod nano it shows up
in /media/usb......

I tried creating a file /mnt/ipod then making a symbolic link
to /media/usb...

Then I tried changing the mount point for gtkpod to /media/usb...

neither worked.

Has anyone a suggestion?

Thanks,

Regis