Re: [SLE] LILO vs GRUB
  • From: "Matt Stamm" <mattsl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:53:08 +0000 (UTC)

From: Matthew Stringer <qube@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:16:08 +0000

>On Wednesday 0
>> Concerning the BIOS setting, its a Phoenix BIOS. In order
>> to access the SATA info you have to hit <TAB>. When you
>> hit <DEL> to enter the normal BIOS stuff there is no mention
>> of the SATA drives. The <TAB> section displays two channels,
>> with nothing on channel one and my 80 gig drive on channel 0.
>>
>> Does this tell you what you need to know?
>>
>> Matt
>
>Although it doesn't help I had this same problem with a Phoenix BIOS'ed mobo
>and SATA drives. Made no diff what version of Suse/Fedora I used it wouldn't
>boot.
>
>In the end I swapped the mobo, but with same IDE SATA controller and disks it
>worked fine.
>
>Matthew

Matthew,

In researching this problem I came across some discussions concerning the VIA chip set which is on my MOBO. So far everything is working fine after I changed the bootloader to LILO and finished the install. Unless I learn a compelling reason to change from LILO back to GRUB I think I'll just leave well-enough alone.

Is there a reason I should try to get back to GRUB ???

Matt

< Previous Next >