Re: [SLE] Menu font for Firefox (DPI & PT)
  • From: marbux <marbux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 03:35:03 +0000 (UTC)
On 11/15/05, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx> wrote:
> marbux wrote:
>
> > Felix, on SuSE 9.3, under KDE > System > Monitor > X-Server, I show:
>
> > Dimensions: 1280 x 1024 pixel (382 x 292 mm)
> > Resolution: 85 x 89 dpi
>
> If those mm dimensions are accurate, your display aspect ratio is
> non-standard, and it's using rectangular pixels (hence the unequal dpi
> values): http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/dpi.html

If I am understanding the linked chart correctly, the numbers also
roughly equate to settings for a 19-inch monitor, but mine is a
21-inch (Silicon Graphics). Could that have anything to do with the
issue?

And I would appreciate a pointer on what changes to make and where to
make them. I've never had to mess with X-server settings before.

I really appreciate the time you are giving this issue. Hopefully we
are working toward a solution that could be incorporated in the SuSE
setup script so fewer people will experience a similar issue.

Marbux

< Previous Next >