Re: [SLE] Openldap and user authentication
  • From: "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 03:11:41 +0000 (UTC)
On Wednesday 16 November 2005 16:47, Jonathan Vargas wrote:
> hi
>
> is there a brief turorial, guide or something to correctly setup an
> openldap directory service to authenticate users, and using pam ?

I don't think either brief _or_ easy. :-(

I've been trying to do this for 4 days straight now. I've tried about a dozen
tutorials/howtos/etc, and none of them work, at least with 10.0 x86_64 on the
server and 9.3 i386 for clients.

I'd be more than happy to write up a nice howto and host it for ldap on small
home networks, if any you who are more more versed with it will lend a hand.

Regards,

Mark