Re: [SLE] I this host ssh'ed to one of my systems
  • From: Steve Graegert <graegerts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:18:13 +0000 (UTC)
On 11/20/05, Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
> > Allen wrote:

> >> Lol, nice one. You made fun of his and spelled that wrong ;)
> >>

> > Ummm... That's the way Merriam-Webster spells it.
> >
> > "com·pre·hend·ible"
> >

> This is incredibly OT, but the word is comprehensible, as far as I know
> there is no such word as comprehendible

Although English is not my mother tongue, the word comprehendible
translates to the German "verständlich" or "deutlich". This is what
dictionary.reference.com
(http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=comprehendible&db=*) says:

com·pre·hend
Pronunciation Key (kmpr-hnd)
tr.v. com·pre·hend·ed, com·pre·hend·ing, com·pre·hends

1. To take in the meaning, nature, or importance of; grasp. See
Synonyms at apprehend.
2. To take in as a part; include. See Synonyms at include.

[Middle English comprehenden, from Latin comprehendere : com-, com- +
prehendere, to grasp; see ghend- in Indo-European Roots.]

compre·hendi·ble adj.
compre·hending·ly adv.

And now back to discussion. What is it about the unauthorized SSH
connection attempts?

\Steve

--

Steve Graegert <graegerts@xxxxxxxxx>
Software Consultant {C/C++ && Java && .NET}