Re: [SLE] Firefox and PDF
  • From: Marshall Lake <mlake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:21:15 +0000 (UTC)

I'm running SuSE 10 (DVD).
I have Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 installed and the plugin is set up in
/opt/MozillaFirefox/lib/plugins/
nppdf.so -> /usr/X11R6/lib/Acrobat7/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
I have verified that the plugin is active with about:plugins
When loading, all Firefox displays is a gray screen, it does not load
acroread. However, I can save the page, and read it with Acroread.

I had a problem with bringing up PDFs through Firefox. They just didn't come up even though the plug-ins looked fine. I ended up removing the acroread plug-in via Edit->Preferences->Downloads->Plug-ins
Afterwards PDFs show up fine via Firefox using acroread even though acroread does not show up in the plug-ins list! (Firefox does ask me first, though, if I want to download the file or view it via acroread.)

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake@xxxxxxxxx -- http://mlake.net