Re: [SLE] [OT] Request adivce on internet connection (US)
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:43:40 +0000 (UTC)
James Knott wrote:
Ken Schneider wrote:
I have been reading articles lately of broadband running through the
power cable and being tested in some areas. You may not need to invent
the barbed wire modem after all.

You may have to write new laws of physics, to prevent interference
issues. BPL pollutes the radio spectrum.

For internet over power cables? Not at all, that's been around a long time. The power company in my home town were runnnig tests with that 5 or 6 years ago. You don't get incredible speeds, but it's quite usable and not *that* slow

< Previous Next >