RE: [SLE] Postfix on Suse 9.3
  • From: "James D. Parra" <Jamesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:26:14 +0000 (UTC)
Hello,

I am try to set up postfix as a relay to an internal MX. It will run with
MailScanner and will not have any local mailboxes. After spending some time
with the cf and config files, I cannot tell which files are actually
controlling postfix, that is, main.cf, main.cf.SuSEconfig, or
/etc/sysconfig/postfix. Initially, I was modifying main.cf directly, but, as
I was told, this was not the best solution on Suse. After removing the
main.cf file and running SuSEconfig, SuSEconfig replaced the main.cf with a
back up, although I still get the following error when running SuSEconfig;

Executing /sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.postfix...
*** WARNING ***
Found /etc/postfix/main.cf.SuSEconfig, exiting...
*** WARNING ***
~~~

Using 'rcpostfix restart' spits out the following error;

Shutting down mail service (Postfix) done
Starting mail service (Postfix)postconf: warning: My hostname postmaster is
not a fully qualified name - set myhostname or mydomain in
/etc/postfix/main.cf
done
postmaster:/etc/postfix # postconf: warning: My hostname postmaster is not a
fully qualified name - set myhostname or mydomain in /etc/postfix/main.cf
~~~

I can telnet to it via port 25 so it is running.

At this point, however, I have no idea which file I modify is actually
affecting postfix's behavior. Any help with this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

James

< Previous Next >