Re: [SLE] [OT] Request adivce on internet connection (US)
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:22:11 +0000 (UTC)
On 26/11/05, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A friend of mine recently made one of those antennas, using a certain
> type of food can (tomato sauce IIRC), which are made of a solderable
> metal and are actually closer to the desired dimensions than a Pringles
> can. He soldered two cans end to end. Also, if it's going to be
> permanently mounted outside, you do not want any cardboard.

Use a proper designated 'metal' varnish. It's usually used for
ornamental brassware. It would stop those sauce cans from rusting
which they will eventually. For the cardboard Pringles tubes,
ordinary yacht varnish would work.

Making my own fishing tackle comes in useful sometimes. Spilling over
into my other interests :-)

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362