Re: Scanner on parallelport.
  • From: James Hatridge <James.Hatridge@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:34:22 +0000 (UTC)
HI Erik et al...
On Wednesday 30 November 2005 08:25, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to get an old parallelsacnner to scan in SuSE 10.0 Eval ?.
>
> I have the impression, that its should be an USB or SCSC scanner.
>
> Erik Jakobsen

Personally I'm using a parallel port scanner I bought in 1993 for 99DM. The w$
software that came with it was for W$ 3.1! It works fine, but I think that a
couple of the small lights in the scan bar are starting to go bad.

What type of scanner are you talking about?

JIM

--
Jim Hatridge
Linux User #88484