Re: [opensuse] warnings
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 22:38:13 +0100
On Sunday 06 November 2005 22:31, ajtiM wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I installed package abcde with Synaptic and i got warnings::
>
> While installing package abcde-2.3.3-0.pm.0:
>
> warning: user kosta does not exist - using root
> warning: user kosta does not exist - using root
> warning: user kosta does not exist - using root
> warning: user kosta does not exist - using root
> warning: user kosta does not exist - using root
> warning: user kosta does not exist - using root
> warning: user kosta does not exist - using root
> warning: user kosta does not exist - using root
> warning: user kosta does not exist - using root
> warning: user kosta does not exist - using root
> warning: user kosta does not exist - using root
>
> What is wrong, please?

Nothing. Whoever created that package built it using a regular user, not root.
And when you install it, rpm wants to restore the ownership to that user. But
as the warning says, that user doesn't exist on your system, so rpm sets
ownership to root instead, which is as it should be

Basically it means that the person who made that package didn't know fully how
to use the %files section in the rpm spec file to set the correct ownership