Regular permissions dialog for items on vfat disabled
  • From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:56:17 +0530
For some reason, all objects on my two vfat partitions (mounted using the
following fstab lines) have their regular Access Permissions comboboxes
disabled. Only the advanced permissions are available. Why is this and what
can I do to re-enable the regular permissions?

/dev/sda1 /win/c vfat
user,uid=samjnaa,gid=users,umask=033 0 0
/dev/sda5 /win/d vfat
user,uid=samjnaa,gid=users,umask=033 0 0

P.S: I want to enable rwx permissions by default for all items on my vfat
partitions for my user. The above settings do not seem to be able to do it.
Please advise on what to do.

Thank you,

Shriramana Sharma.