Re: [SLE] Fixed HAL -- Auto-Mounting Works
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:19:19 +0200
On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 23:05 -0700, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is an update available via YOU for those of us 10.0 users having
> the auto-mounting problems. It seems to correct the problems, at least
> for me.

So, automounting happens in HAL? That explains why an upgrade to 10.0
hung at that point in booting. It was trying to mount a VxWorks NFS
share, which I later found needed special mount options. Oddly, even
though the resource was mounted with bg,intr, it still hung. So, I went
back to 9.3 and eventually sorted out the problem. I will have to check
what all HAL is up to.

--

Roger