Mailinglist Archive: opensuse (6210 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
Re: [SLE] Suse 10 will not install
- From: "Matt Stamm" <mattsl@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:09:15 -0800
- Message-id: <200510311009.AA110362748@xxxxxxxxx>
---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Vivek R <trs.vivek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 02:38:45 +0530
>send your configuration that will help to know more abt your problem..
>On 10/29/05, Stamm <mattsl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm having an install problem with Suse 10. The first CD goes fine, then
>> the system reboots and halts with the following...
>> GRUB Loading stage1.5
>> This is on a brand new PC purchased this month from Monarch Computer
>> Systems. They are now offering to pre-install Suse 10 but were not when I
>> ordered the system 3 weeks ago.
>> I purchased Suse 10 from CDW and its is the 32-bit version.
>> This PC is an AMD Sempron 64. I do get the following message when the
>> install starts...
>> "Cool Computer but..."
>> "You are installing 32 bit software on a 64 bit machine"
>> Could this be part of the problem?
>> Another point, I noticed this has a SATA hard drive. After some Googling I
>> found out that SATA support is pretty new to Linux. Could this be a problem?
>> I've been using Suse 8.1 since it was released and that was my last linux
>> install, so I'm a little rusty.
>> Pleas help!!
>> Check the headers for your unsubscription address
>> For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
>> Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
>> Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx
Here's my configuration...
- Case: Monarch 1150 USB 2.0 Tower Case w/300 Watt Power Supply (Black)
- Motherboard: DFI K8M800-MLV K8M800 Onboard Audio, Video, SATA, LAN, USB, IEEE-1394
- Processor: AMD Sempron 2800+ 256K 90nm (754) w/AMD Certified Opteron/64/FX Heatsink
- Memory: 512 MB DDR (400) PC-3200 Corsair (VS512MB400)
- Hard Drive: Western Digital 80GB SATA 8MB Cache 7200 RPM (WD800JD)
- CD-ROM: LITE-ON SOHR-5239S 52X32X52 CD-RW (Black)
Here's another thing I just noticed, and I posted this in response to Paul's suggestion. I wanted to see if I could install FreeDOS on this PC and had the following problem...
- booted to FreeDOS floppy, partitioned and formatted hard drive, everything went fine
- re-booted to floopy and formatted hard drive, went fine
- re-booted to floopy and Installed FreeDOS on harddrive using SYS, and copied files to harddrive. No problems
- tried to boot to harddrive and recieved same error "GRUB Loading stage1.5.".
- booted again to the floopy and all the files were on the harddrive.
Just can't boot to it. Any ideas?
|< Previous||Next >|