Re: Wireless Problem in 10.0
  • From: Nicola -kOoLiNuS- Losito <n.losito@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:02:02 +0200
Francesco Scaglioni wrote:
FWIW :: had similar problems on a dv1000 laptop. In the end I
had to rename wlan0 to eth1 manually

How do I do this ?
because I have to re configure the NIC's at every boot they have changed themselves .... now eth0 is the wireless card ..

And a weird thing .... after yesterday I got it all working at startup this morning I had to spend 1 hour trying to connect again to the AP .... and I've seen that even if I set YaST to manual IP address to the wlan card, it showed always the dhcp option enabled.

i had to manually change
ifcfg-wlan-id-00\:04\:23\:5a\:3c\:f1
to static to get the card work ....

it's driving me insane...