Re: [opensuse] libdvdcss, mp3, legal shmoo (was: ...from a former gentoo'er)
On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 02:25:22PM +0200, Martin Sommer wrote:
> I really don't understand what you wanna say. Who don't want to sell what?
> Microsoft is not selling a DVD player. Only Cyberlink and Intervideo sell
> DVD players. These players are able to use macrovision with the graphics
> cards since there are interfaces available provided by the graphics
> cards manufacturers due to cooperations between the major graphics cards
> vendors, Microsoft and Macrovision. Therefore the DVD players are able to
> switch on macrovision in XP but not in Linux.

You just names the two companies involved. With a bit of fantasy, you will
be able to find out who of those two will put whom under presure to NOT
sell towards the Linux comunity.

houghi
--
Quote correct (NL) http://www.briachons.org/art/quote/