Re: [SLE] raid1: how to check for filesystem errors?
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:44:49 +0200
Leen de Braal wrote:
I have a raid1 system with 2x 400GB SATA drives. System has been frozen
several times in the last 2 weeks.
I have been checking memory overnight, no problems, checked harddisks with
manufacturertools, no problems found.
So I think, that maybe there is something wrong somewhere in the
filesystem, but how do I check? Using reiserfsck from rescuedisk on the
partitions does not work. Running the rescuedisk does not freeze the
system btw. So I do suspect (one of) the harddrives.
What can I use to check??

Telepathic guess: you might have a driver modules problem. Unfortunately
you do not mention what version of Suse you use or what hardware is
involved (mainboard, lan adapter, sata controller) or even if it is a
hardware raid or software raid.
I would try to check the logs shortly before the time you experienced a
system freeze, try to find common causes for those freezes. Also try to
provoke a system freeze (if it's not a production system in use).

You could check the SMART parameters of the disks with smartmon tools.

Sandy