Re: [SLE] raid1: how to check for filesystem errors?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 22:36:28 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2005-09-02 at 19:29 +0200, Leen de Braal wrote:

> 9.2, kernel is 2.6.8-24.17-default

Your system is not up to date. Current kernel for 9.2 is
"kernel-default-2.6.8-24.18". The scurity announce mentions some work done
on reiserfs, I don't know if it will apply to your case.

> Intel D865PERL mobo with P4-2.4, 512MB RAM
> software raid, 2x 400GB Seagate SATA
> Machine has been running fine for over 6 weeks

SATA is so knew that you might benefit from updating to 9.3 :-?

> > You could check the SMART parameters of the disks with smartmon tools.
>
> These drives seem not to have smart, at least manufacturertools say so

Impossible. I can't believe a new drive not having smart support. Try the
smartmon tools on the distro. You can launch tests while online and read
the results later. But first see the log:

smartctl -a /dev/hda |less

If there were HD errors, they should show there.

What the "manufacturertools" say, perhaps, is that it is not activated (in
the bios, I suposse).

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson