Re: [SLE] NOVELL: Cool Solutions: Pay No Shipping for SUSE Linux 10 - Limited Time Offer!
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:37:41 -0400
On Wednesday 21 September 2005 05:37 pm, James Knott wrote:
> BandiPat wrote:
> > This will basically be the "Update" package, but listed as the
> > Professional, thus their idea of a price cut. The Pro package was
> > $89.95, so a $40 price cut. But, the update was only $59.95, same
> > as this package but with the sources DVD included. In essence, it
> > is a price increase, because there is only one manual, with the
> > Admin included on the DVD in pdf & html form and it has one less
> > DVD, the sources.
> >
> > Disappoints me that the sources aren't included in this box, but
> > the price is still $60! Looks like everyone is cutting back these
> > days and charging more. :-(
>
> Where does it say upgrade? The ad says a 44% price reduction, so I
> assume that means they're discounting the Professional price. Where
> are you getting the details of what's included?
==========

I have my sources James! ;-)

There was mention of it on the OpenSuSE list just today. As I
mentioned, yes it is the Professional, since that is all that will be
released now. Only one box, all others have been eliminated. So, in
comparing it to the past Pro releases, it is cheaper, but as I
mentioned the previous Pro boxes had a printed Admin manual as well as
a sources DVD. This time neither are included.

What is included:
One User's manual
One quick start
5 CDROMs
1 dual layer DVD with both 32 & 64 bit binaries

Does that sound like the Professional we've been getting? Sounds more
like the Pro Update package with one less DVD, doesn't it?

end of line
Lee