general question about banners
  • From: Alberto Santana <asantana@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:36:47 -0700
Hello all,

In an attempt to prosecute unauthorized users who improperly use government
computers, we are required to have a warning banner displayed before any user
can login, in my case to Linux workstations. Is there a way to do that in
SuSE. I know /etc/motd and/or /etc/issue could be used for network access but
what about something like a window displaying the warning message with an "I
ACCEPT" button right in front of graphical logon screen?

Any tips...
Best wishes,

Alberto Santana, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry
University of Puerto Rico - Mayaguez
P.O. Box 9019 Phone: (787) 832-4040 x3760
Mayaguez PR 00681-9019