general question about banners
  • From: Alberto Santana <asantana@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:36:47 -0700
Hello all,

In an attempt to prosecute unauthorized users who improperly use government
computers, we are required to have a warning banner displayed before any user
can login, in my case to Linux workstations. Is there a way to do that in
SuSE. I know /etc/motd and/or /etc/issue could be used for network access but
what about something like a window displaying the warning message with an "I
ACCEPT" button right in front of graphical logon screen?

Any tips...
--
Best wishes,
Alberto

Alberto Santana, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry
University of Puerto Rico - Mayaguez
P.O. Box 9019 Phone: (787) 832-4040 x3760
Mayaguez PR 00681-9019 http://www.uprm.edu/~asantana