Re: [SLE] Problem with rpm database - Solved
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 06:38:13 +0200
> Just a guess, but there are two files updated when 'apt update' runs
> that may be causing your problem:
>
> /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin
> /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin
>
> you might move them or rename them and see if your still have your
> problem. That way you can put them back if they are not your problem.

I tried that one too :-)

Turns out there were two problems with my machine - one that I fixed
with my initial rpm --rebuilddb (that I did before I posted the
problem) and the second was solved in another thread.

Turns out that if you remove suse-projects from the apt repository
list, it all starts working again.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

C.

  • No further messages