Re: [opensuse] Package Suggestion: Free NTFS read/write filesystem for GNU/Linux
  • From: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2005@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:54:40 +0200
Shriramana Sharma schrieb:
I was wondering why it is often said that NTFS support on Linux is
incomplete when there exists this package:
http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/

Will the experts please take a look at it and tell us whether it can
be integrated into SUSE 10 (or maybe 10.1 if the 10.0 tree is already
frozen)?

You do not want to use captive ntfs. It may work for some people, but trusting a driver written for a different operating system with different kernel stack size, compiled with a different compiler, no source available to debug, etc. is nothing I would do on any of my systems.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel