Re: [opensuse] PowerDVD for Linux
  • From: Paul Mansfield <paul.mansfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:14:38 +0100
Martin Sommer wrote:
Ok, you're right but I hate time bombs and I could avoid to include any timebombed trial software into SUSE Linux so far and I hope I can avoid it in the future too.

some ideas to allow the customer to try the software out and verify all the features work, but not lose revenue

* ad-ware, pause the video and inject some adverts into it every 5 minutes, but play whole movie

* only play the first 10 minutes of a movie

* only play three movies before reinstall required

* only play the movie at a smaller resolution, or with a watermark

* subliminal messages in the sound track saying "buy Novell shares now" or "send money to Martin Sommer".

(ok, I made up the last point)

Paul