Re: [opensuse] Extra Packages....
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:24:28 -0400
On Monday 12 September 2005 20:05, Anders Johansson wrote:
> www.gwdg.de/index_us.html
>
> It's not exactly something based in somebody's basement

I already understood that, Anders. I envisioned the place being a data center
or campus complex like those I've visited in the past:
- SLAC, Stanford
- LBL, Berkeley
- SRI International, Menlo Park
- NASA Ames Research Center, Sunnyvale (now decommissioned)
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory, San Diego
- UCSC Comp. Sci. Dept., Santa Cruz
- Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey (huge!)

I was just hypothesizing the possibility of a little fund-raiser to land the
server Eberhard was wistfully describing... I mean, what if we offered to
hang an honorary 1U brass plate over it in name of the highest contributor?
With a web cam? :-)

< Previous Next >