Re: [opensuse] Creating new packages for OpenSuSE
  • From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo <azul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:33:21 -0500
Hi.

> > Also, are there some guidelines/policies to standarize the behaviour
> > of packages in OpenSuSE?
>
> http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfref_library/detail.php?tab=doc&reference_id=1544&group=1367

Thanks! I'll take a look.

> > Could someone please point out where can I find a document describing
> > the steps I need to follow in order to build a package
>
> http://www.opensuse.org/SUSE_Build_Tutorial

Thanks for that URL too.

I've briefly looked at it and it seems to only explain how to build
the RPM packages. What I'm looking for is a guide explaining the
procedures that I need to follow in order to get my packages (the RPMs
I build following the steps in SUSE_Build_Tutorial) to become part of
OpenSUSE (instead of third-party packages). What do I need to do in
order for my packages to become part of OpenSUSE (e.g. distributed in
the OpenSUSE ISO files, listed in the official package listings,
etc.)?

We are interested in creating a centralized repository of packaged
software following some guidelines/policies to integrate properly,
right?

Thanks! :)

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/

---=( Comunidad de Usuarios de Software Libre en Colombia )=---
---=( http://bachue.com/colibri )=--=( colibri@xxxxxxxxxx )=---
< Previous Next >