Re: [opensuse] 1 CD install ready to test
On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 07:07:47PM +0200, meister@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Correct me, but as I remember there was also an option to install
> SuSE-Live-CD on the HD.

I don't think so.

<snip>
> > 4) By the way, I am a SuSE bigot and use it all over the place
> > including our Mainframe. Knoppix is necessity.
>
> Hmm, SUSE has some big advantages that's right (have you ever tried to
> inject some pice of code in Herbert Xu's mkinitrd scripts in a Debian
> distro?) Knoppix is the right tool, if you have a pc runnning only
> windows, and you want to do some kind of network diagnosis, but not on
> a pc running SuSE.

If you want to repair stuff on your SUSe and can't get in, Knopix could
do the deal. I personaly don't think SUSE or Knopix are tools I would use
to have with me. I rather walk around with http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

It has knopix based distro plus a ton more.

My feeling is that SUSE is a distro to be used and not a repair tool.
Others do that much better, like UBCD.
--
houghi
http://www.opensuse.org/index.php/Making_a_DVD_from_CDs