Re: [opensuse] Packages from a user and Packager perspective
  • From: Andreas Simon <andreas.w.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:14:13 +0200
On Tuesday 06 September 2005 16:15, Marco Maske wrote:
> I think a group like Packman, where the quality is perfect since years

I fear they are very good but not perfect. Sometimes I saw some packages which
tried to install files with funny file owners. No problem if that user
doesn't exist on your system, it will fall back to root. But if that user
exist on your system it may not what you want.

BTW, is there a bug-tracking system for packman (I haven't found one) or is
this handled by mail?

Cheers,
Andreas

< Previous Next >