Re: [opensuse] Packages from a user and Packager perspective
On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 12:32:50AM -0600, Andreas Girardet wrote:
> In my opinion this discussion needs to start now for us to have enough
> time to come to a clear consensus, convince most and create the
> foundations for years to come.

Different ideas, different sub-threads.

After a certain time when a program has not changed, we must look what is
going on. A year?

Some programs do not need an update, others might be abandoned and again
others might have been summitted, enhanced and the enhancements were never
submitted.

This need to be done by human interaction. Somewhere there would be an
anouncement, and then the people who check it would need to decide what
status it in. Still working, abandonend or the wrong version. According to
each, steps must be taken. If abandoned, perhaps it should be removed (or
at least marked as such) if not updated, the link to the correct version
must be updated.

--
houghi
http://www.opensuse.org/index.php/Making_a_DVD_from_CDs