Re: [opensuse] 1 CD install ready to test
  • From: "Andreas Girardet" <agirardet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 01:15:24 -0600
<20050906102223.GA8718@penne>,
houghi@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 12:50:28AM +0200, SuSE UsER wrote:
>> Hi, i have an idea ;- ) Why use 700MB CD if there are 870MB CDs
available?
>> Maybe it is time to start using bigger CD's? ;- )
>
> I have been to two stores lately looking for 800MB CD's and I could
only
> get 700MB. So I have a better idea, why not put it all on a DVD. That
way
> we can put everything on it (although tht defeats the purpose. :- )

it sure does defeat the purpose.

The whole point of a 1 CD install is to have it on 1CD so that it
becomes really cheap to mass produce for marketing events to give away
like hot cakes. I have personally no interest producing anything larger,
if anyone here wants to, you are free to do so ;)

Andreas