Re: [opensuse] Ahain a new version of makeSUSEdvd
  • From: Lode Vermeiren <lvermeiren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:02:00 +0200

SUSE-9.3 was the last acceptable "net distribution" - with an addon in size of 16 GB (sources were released earlier). That was already a huge struggle for the servers, but could stand to spill out more than 70 MByte/sec continuously for almost 4 days, due to the (huge, only has more) 12 GB RAM. That was more than 4 TByte a day.

Well, I know one for sure that's at least as big.. , aka

"The ftp-server resides on a quad-processor SunFire V440 with 16GB RAM and three StorEdge 3510 Arrays with more 4 TB of disk space for the FTP archives"

It is always blazingly fast from every fast Belgian connection, and they mirror a huge amount of software.

Perhaps they are a good possible openSUSE mirror? In the past they have always been very responsive in adding new mirrors, but now they have unfortunately not (yet) responded to my mail regarding openSUSE.

< Previous Next >