Re: [SLE] Novell Plans to Open SuSE Linux Pro to Community
----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wednesday 03 August 2005 2:06 pm, Sandy Drobic wrote:

[snip]

What this means they want to concentrate their effort and manpower on
the more lucrative Enterprise Edition. The community version will be
aimed at Linux enthusiasts, not at the casual user at home who wants a
Windows that has the name Linux. In short they have given up the idea of
selling Linux as a replacement for users of Windows.

Hold on......NOT so fast. SUSE is VERY MUCH intent on displacing MickySoft on
the desktop!!! You'll see some evidence in the next release confirming that,
if what I've read and hear is correct. They're simply going to open things up
to the community, quickly and efficiently so that solid stable development
will happen sooner.......and better.

[snip]

And when they do it, God we pray, please don't let happen to SuSE the same thing that happened to Mandrake....... It only took six release cycles for them to almost recover.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN LAW FIRM, PLLC