Re: [SLE] How to stop Display turning off
** Reply to message from Kenneth Payne <kmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Sat, 20 Aug
2005 11:36:14 +0100

> I've just upgraded to SuSE 9.3 and I now have a system where the display
> blanks out after about 10 minutes of non-use.
>
> This is obviously power-management and it's working OK because if I touch the
> mouse or keyboard the display restores immediately.
>
> However, I never like this behaviour in a desktop PC so I always shut it off.
> This time, I can't seem to kill it. I've stopped the powersave demon, I've
> put acpi=off (that worked in SuSE 9.2) into the boot parameters, but nothing
> stops it.
>
> Can anyone tell me the magic incantation?
>
> Best wishes
>
> -Ken

Ken, I am a neophyte at Linux, so I always look for the simplest -- sometimes
silliest -- reasons for problems. By chance is your screen-saver set to "blank
screen" at approx. 10 minutes? If it were so set the screen would go blank and
restore under exactly the conditions you describe.

Forgive me if you've already checked into this, but I offer it only as a
possibility. :o)
Gil