Re: [SLE] How to stop Display turning off
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:47:11 -0500
Greg Wallace wrote:
On Saturday, August 20, 2005 @ 2:36 Am, Kenneth Payne wrote:

I've just upgraded to SuSE 9.3 and I now have a system where the display blanks out after about 10 minutes of non-use.

This is obviously power-management and it's working OK because if I touch
the mouse or keyboard the display restores immediately.

However, I never like this behaviour in a desktop PC so I always shut it off. This time, I can't seem to kill it. I've stopped the powersave demon, I've put acpi=off (that worked in SuSE 9.2) into the boot parameters, but
nothing stops it.
Can anyone tell me the magic incantation?
Best wishes
-Ken

I think you just need to set up a screen saver so that your monitor has a
steady signal. That should keep it from dozing off.

Greg Wallace

I have noticed a similar problem with my Nokia 445Xi monitor, NVidia card and SuSE
where when transfering to a tty# it requires turning the monitor power OFF/ON.
The image is there but the monitor seems to miss a wakeup call if it is sent.

--
73 de Donn Washburn Hpage: " http://www.hal-pc.org/~n5xwb "
Ham Callsign N5XWB Email : " n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx "