Re: [opensuse] Ahain a new version of makeSUSEdvd
On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 10:05:44AM +0200, Robert Schiele wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:29:11AM +0200, houghi wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:03:38AM +0200, Robert Schiele wrote:
> > Do far I am not going to comment, because I do not have it running.
> > does not offer me a
> > workable solution. The other solutions ask me for a .jigdo file that I
> > don't have and am not aware of.
> See below.
> > > Have fun! Should I provide you with some of the sample images I made for
> > > beta3?
> >
> > That would be nice, but I first need to get to a .jigdo file.
> You can find everything you need in
> You can either
> test with the i386 CD images for beta3 (the SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-i386-Beta3*
> files) or with the network boot image (the boot.* files). The last one is
> better suited for a small test because it is much smaller.

So tyhis is what I do. I mount my CD2.iso on /mnt. I then run jigdo-lite.
It asks me for a .jigdo file and I eneter
It looks at the differences.

Somehow I don't think that is the correct file for the differences for the
one I want. It want to make a boot.iso and I want it to make a

I still see the advatages (although it needs a LOT of streamlining) as an
alternative to the delta downloads that are already out there. Or are
there mofre differences between the two.

With differences I mean, are there things that the delta's do that jigdo

One extra question, what about people who have used my script to make a
DVD? They don't have the cd's against wich you compare.