Re: [opensuse] Remaster SUSE
  • From: Uriel_Carrasquilla@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:12:06 -0400

Shriramana Sharma
<samjnaa@xxxxxxxx To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
m> cc:
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Remaster SUSE
08/24/2005 02:00
PM
Please respond to
opensuse

houghi wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 09:57:30AM -0400, Uriel_Carrasquilla@xxxxxxxx
wrote:
>> Houghi:
>> I followed the instructions from lists.opensuse.org/archive. The ISO
image
>> is 3.4 GB and k3b is busy burnining the DVD as we speak.
>> However, when I executed the
>> ---> create_package_descr -x setup/descr/EXTRA_PROV -l english -l
spanish
>> command, it failed because EXTRA_PROV is not there. could this cause me
>> problems later on?
>
> Could you please not top post and I have no idea what kind of emailclient
> you use, but it puts ^M after each line. Very hard to read.

# I'm using SeaMonkey Mail and I don't see any ^M-s. Maybe it's a problem
# with *your* client?

Uriel wrote:

I suspect I know what is going on regarding "top posting". I use Lotus
Notes (not by choice) and sometimes MS-Outlook (oops).
They do the "top posting" and don't know how to change it (I will
investigate).
Regarding the ^M, it is again a Windows based editor (comes by default in
Lotus Notes) and you are looking at the cariage return for ascii under
Windows. I don't know what you use for editor but if it was emacs, it will
correct the ^M with blanks.
I, myself, and I might be alone, find it much easier to read messages at
the top than to fish responses in the body of the E-mail.
However, I will also investigate how I can change the default in "lotus
notes" so it does it the way you are asking for.
My apologies. (this e-mail I had to cook so it would meet your
requirements, I hope).

--

Shriramana Sharma
http://samvit.org

(o- Penguin #395953
//\ running on ancient Indian wisdom
V_/_ and modern computing efficiency

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This
message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and
as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail, and delete the original message.