Re: [opensuse] Remaster SUSE
  • From: Uriel_Carrasquilla@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:13:15 -0400
Houghi:
this is what I am after. I only need a minimal installation with minimum
Graphic. I am trying to make it all fit into one CD (not DVD).
Most of our machines are CD only.
The DVD full content is copied into an FTP server just in case packages
needed and not in the CD can be installed.

Regards,

Uriel_Carrasquilla@xxxxxxxx
NCCI
Boca Raton, Florida
561.893.2415
greetings / avec mes meilleures salutations / Cordialmente
mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vänlig hälsning

houghi
<houghi@xxxxxxxxx To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
g> cc:
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Remaster SUSE
08/22/2005 10:19
PM
Please respond to
opensuse

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 03:27:10AM +0200, Víctor Fernández Martínez wrote:
> You may also create/remove new selection files; in that case edit
> "suse/setup/descr/selections" and add/remove the file name (without path)
of
> the selection file. The files are very self-descriptive so I think you
won't
> need further explanation, but in case of doubt just ask.

I would love to make a complete new instalation in such a way that you
only need the first CD for an instalation. I will see how far I will get
with that and how workable it is.

Will be a while before I will be finisched with that.

If that is done, I will look what pages to have moved so you can have a
working KDE on one CD.

All needs to be still bootable as CD 1, so no extra CD is needed for those
who are happy with minimal stuff. No idea if or when I will be ready with
that, so if the SUSE people do this, that would be great. :-)

houghi
--

All other things being equal, a bald man cannot be elected President of
the United States.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This
message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and
as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail, and delete the original message.

< Previous Next >