Re: [SLE] Suse 9.3 or kde problem with closing lid on IBM Thinkpads
  • From: James Wright <jwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:01:10 -0400

Khanh Tran wrote:

I don't THINK I'm using SUSPEND2RAM. I never set it up.

What happens is when the system idles for a while (I'm not sure how long) or if I close the lid, when I re-open it, the top 5% of the screen has a bunch of garbage in it. This offsets the entire desktop down about an inch. However, the mouse can go up in this "garbage" area of the screen.

If I hit Fn+F7 (vga/lcd screen output), it resets the screen after going to vga-out, then back to lcd output. Then I'm back in business.

It sounds like your video card is having problems. I remember you saying you tried different settings for your display, did you check your video card (Sorry, don't remember if you did)? It may be a driver issue, not a setting. Good luck with it.

James W