Re: [courier-users] Re: [SLE] Compiling Courier authlib on Suse 9.2
  • From: Rob Brandt <bronto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:40:36 -0700
I managed to get an rpm installed, however authentication is failing with this
error:

Jul 2 10:34:02 linux imapd: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: No such file or
directory
Jul 2 10:34:02 linux imapd: authentication error: No such file or directory

There is something I'm not liking in kpackage as well, when viewing the files
listed. There are three authdaemon files with red X's next to them instead of
green checks. This doesn't look good, but I don't see any documentation to
tell exactly what this means. The files are:
/var/spool/authdaemon/pid
/var/spool/authdaemon/pid.lock
/var/spool/authdaemon/socket

Indeed, there are no files in this directory; it is marked as owned by
user/group courier.

Rob