Re: [SLE] Trouble installing SUSE 9.3
  • From: Adam Vazquez Kb2Jpd <adamvaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 15:01:45 -0400
Rafe wrote:

--- Ken Schneider <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 10:29 -0700, Rafe wrote:

I did not know about the floppy= parameters -

thanks

for pointing it out. I still get the error:

"Boot failed: please change disks and press a key

continue."

Pressing a key does nothing. I goggled the

floppy=

parameter and tried ALL the possible settings

-same

error every time. I even tried floppy=debug and

got

nothing new. I tried all the above with and

without

quotes "".
I am going to buy a second new box of floppies.
The

Office Depot near me only sells their brand and I

may

need better floppies. Has anyone else had to

switch

floppy brands to get this to work? The floppies

pass

verify on my linux box, but that does not mean

they

are prefect. I seem to remember that the device
drivers for floppies sometimes will try to read
several times before giving up and maybe on the

setup

disk every thing has to work the first time.

Rafe

Please don't top post.
How are you creating the floppies? If using linux dd
would be the
command and if using windows rawwrite would be used.

--
Ken Schneider

"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't
suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners." -Ernst
Jan Plugge

Sorry about the top posting.

I am using linux to create the floppies:

dd if=bootdisk1 of=/dev/fd0

I am trying memorex floppies right now, but still no
luck.

Rafe

It is time for you to hit the Web "linux laptops" on Google:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hs=H4p&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=linux+laptops&btnG=Search

There are several sites that focus on Sony Laptops.

Search for the answer on Google and I bet you will be able to get it to work.

Adam