Re: [SLE] SuSe 9.3 pro iso downloads
  • From: Scott Jones <scottj.org@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:01:21 -0500
On Tuesday 19 July 2005 16:17, babu walad wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was considering downloading the ISO image for 9.3
> but I noticed that the 5 CD images are for the pro
> edition while the DVD image said "eval" version. Is
> this
> a typo or is SuSE only offering the pro in CD form?

If you had read README_eval.txt in the iso directory, your question
would have been answered:

Choose the version you want
===========================

* SUSE LINUX Professional 9.3 (32-bit version) is available
on 5 CD ISO images or on a single DVD ISO image.
* SUSE LINUX Professional 9.3 (64-bit version) is available
on 1 DVD ISO image only.

What's the difference between the CD and DVD edition

* the DVD edition contains the complete 64-bit version of
SUSE LINUX Professional 9.3 as well as a streamlined 32bit
version of the software.
* the CD edition contains a complete 32-bit version of SUSE
LINUX Professional 9.3. It including approximately 450
additional packages not available on the 32-bit version
included on the downloadable DVD image. These additional
packages are mostly language packages for applications and
development versions of various software libraries.

--
Homepage http://scottj.org
XFce desktop environment http://www.xfce.org