Re: [SLE] SuSe 9.3 pro iso downloads
  • From: Scott Jones <>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:01:21 -0500
On Tuesday 19 July 2005 16:17, babu walad wrote:

> Hello,
> I was considering downloading the ISO image for 9.3
> but I noticed that the 5 CD images are for the pro
> edition while the DVD image said "eval" version. Is
> this
> a typo or is SuSE only offering the pro in CD form?

If you had read README_eval.txt in the iso directory, your question
would have been answered:

Choose the version you want

* SUSE LINUX Professional 9.3 (32-bit version) is available
on 5 CD ISO images or on a single DVD ISO image.
* SUSE LINUX Professional 9.3 (64-bit version) is available
on 1 DVD ISO image only.

What's the difference between the CD and DVD edition

* the DVD edition contains the complete 64-bit version of
SUSE LINUX Professional 9.3 as well as a streamlined 32bit
version of the software.
* the CD edition contains a complete 32-bit version of SUSE
LINUX Professional 9.3. It including approximately 450
additional packages not available on the 32-bit version
included on the downloadable DVD image. These additional
packages are mostly language packages for applications and
development versions of various software libraries.

XFce desktop environment
Goodies for the XFce desktop
GPG public key ID: 811B00AB