Re: [SLE] wma files
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:08:26 +0200
On 6/2/05, Gerald Humphreys <gerald.humphreys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I just installed everything you said, but in the
> preferences there is no GStreamer engine there is only, aRTs and aKode,
> but still doesn't work.

Did you install all of the plugins for the SuSE disks? Did you run
"gst-register" after you installed GStreamer? GStreamer won't do
anything in amaroK until you register all of the plugins (although
this important little bit of information isn't obvious... nor
documented well so that it's easy to find)....

Did you skim through the docs on amaroK and GStreamer? Like here for
example: http://amarok.kde.org/component/option,com_staticxt/Itemid,0/xt_item,1/staticfile,playback.html
There is info about what you need to do to get it working here.

and here you will find the GStreamer docs... info on testing your
GStreamer install etc:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/faq/html/chapter-using.html

I'm using it right now with the artsdsink plugin and it's working
fine... so I know it works in 9.3 :-)

C.

< Previous Next >