Changing the label on a FAT partition?
  • From: Kornelis Sietsma <korny@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 16:18:06 +1000
This seems like a simple question, but I can't find a way to do it...
How do I change the volume label on a FAT partition? Now that SuSE 9.3 mounts usb devices and the like on /media/VOLUME_LABEL, I want to change some of my devices to sensible names, but can't see how to do this without loading them in Windows, or re-formatting them. e2fs has the "e2label" program - is there an equivalent for Linux?

- Korny

--
Kornelis Sietsma e-mail: korny at my surname dot com

< Previous Next >