Using Samba
  • From: Jerome Lyles <susemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 17:08:18 -1000
I'm trying to use Samba to transfer some pictures on my local network from one
of my Linux machines to my windows XP one. I set up the Samba Server using
Yast. The output from 'testparm /etc/samba/smb.conf' is good. My Global
parameters are:

[global]
workgroup = MYHOME
netbios name = MYSAMBASERVER
map to guest = Bad User
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
printcap cache time = 750
printcap name = cups
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -c Machine -d /var/lib/nobody
-s

When I run smbclient to list my shares I get this:

# smbclient -L Linux
Error connecting to 127.0.0.2 (Connection refused)
Connection to Linux failed

I get this as root and my normal self on the same machine the server is on.
I turned the firewall off.

My /etc/samba/smbusers file:

# This file allows you to map usernames from the clients to the server.
# Unix_name = SMB_name1 SMB_name2 ...
#
# See section 'username map' in the manual page of smb.conf for more
# information.

root = administrator
;nobody = guest pcguest smbguest

Any ideas why my connection is being refused? Also, anyone know how to access
this samba share from the windows side?

Thanks,
Jerome

< Previous Next >