Re: [SLE] automaticaly send an IP change
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:30:45 -0500
> How should this be done if the computer is behind a router? In other
> words, it would be the router's IP that is actually changing, right? So
> can the computer behind the router detect that the router's IP changed?

No, the router's IP should not change, but you will have to go
*outside* the router to get your changed IP, ie:
curl www.whatismyip.com |grep Title|awk -F ':: ' '{print $1}'

note: this is cludged together from previous examples provided here.
I do not know awk to get *only* the IP, but this works on my box thru
the router.
HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery

< Previous Next >