Failure to ope floppy in "My Computer"
  • From: Robert Paulsen <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:35:07 -0500
Clicking on the floppy drive's icon in the "My Computer" folder results in an
error:

The process for the media protocol died unexpectedly.

This used to work just fine. Since I rarely use the floppy I can't pin down
exactly when it started to fail but I did just notice it yesterday.

One potential culpret is an update to the kernel a few days ago:

kernel-smp-2.6.11.4-21.7

Anyone else see this problem?

Other possibility is also related to the kernel. I just recently turned on
hyperthreading and switched to the SMP kernel. This was shortly before the
update to the -21.7 level.

Thanks.