Re: [SLE] passwd -d suse 9.3
  • From: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:49:47 +0200
On Mon, Jun 20, Mark Gray wrote:

> Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 20, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> >
> >> Greetings
> >>
> >> In one of our systems we require the system to have no password for a specific
> >> user,
> >>
> >> In 9.2 passwd -d <username> achieved this, how do I achieve it in 9.3?
>
> > In the same way, this was not changed as a view in /etc/shadow will
> > show you.
>
> While the password is removed, it is now impossible to log into an
> account using a totally empty password.

Ah, but this is something completly different and has nothing to do
with the original question.

> (This may be caused by
> "blowfish" encryption, or it might be because of some option or
> feature of pam (personally, I just broke down and entered a password,
> but the original poster is correct.)

If the poster means the above, it he incorrect by asking the wrong
question.

"man pam_unix2", it is really simple.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/ kukuk@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5 D-90409 Nuernberg

< Previous Next >